Importance of good footwear, insoles arch support for your general health and the health of your spine.
What to wear?
Good footwear not only provides you with stability and comfort but largely influences the alignment of your ankles, knees, hips and the spine. Good alignment of these joints insures good function and prevents problems and pain. Why foot strength is important?
To exercise your Feet for alignment and best function please see this video:
If you want to know more about correct attitude to shoes and feet and how this can influence your spine and joints please read full article here on Dr. Vas DC website (opens in new page).
- Feet normal anatomy
- Modern living and the health of your feet
- Chiropractic approach to foot alingment and its relation to the alingnment of the spine
- How your shoes affect your posture
- Bunions, hill spores and plantar fasciatis
- Prevention and correction of foot problems
- VIVO Barefoot Minimalist Footware (use code “nobackpain” at checkout)
- BeLenka BareFoot Shoes, Trainers and Boots for winter
- Crocs for pronated feet and other foot problems
- Fit-Flops for strengthening your ankles
- MBTs, Sketchers Shape-ups for leg strength
- Birkenstocks to support the arches
- The arch supporting insoles
- Sketcher Go-Walk for the bounce in your step
At the Clinic we supply and fit ICB insoles if needed to both adults and children and give advice on foot and footware to speed up patients improvement.
ICB Orthotics South Woodford – feet and spinal health
The lines at the clinic in South Woodford for Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, Massage, Sport Therapy and Orthotic Therapy (insoles) are open on 020 8989 3338