Importance of good footwear, insoles arch support for your general health and the health of your spine.
What to wear?
Good footwear not only provides you with stability and comfort but largely influences the alignment of your ankles, knees, hips and the spine. Good alignment of these joints insures good function and prevents problems and pain.
The barefoot shoes we are wearing:
Want to know more?
If you want to know more about correct attitude to shoes and feet and how this can influence your spine and joints please read full article here on Dr. Vas DC website (opens in new page).
- Feet normal anatomy
- Modern living and the health of your feet
- Chiropractic approach to foot alingment and its relation to the alingnment of the spine
- How your shoes affect your posture
- Bunions, hill spores and plantar fasciatis
- Prevention and correction of foot problems
- Crocs for pronated feet and other foot problems
- Fit-Flops for strengthening your ankles
- MBTs, Sketchers Shape-ups for leg strength
- Birkenstocks to support the arches
- The arch supporting insoles
- Sketcher Go-Walk for the bounce in your step
Barefoot fundamentals course
Take the first step in your transition to natural health with our Barefoot Fundamentals Course.
This course will help you connect more closely with your body by improving your mobility, flexibility and strength – from the ground up.
Whether you’re new to barefoot or have been wearing them for years, this is a great place to start. This course is suitable for everyday barefoot wearers, as well as anyone looking to move pain-free or improve their athletic performance.
What else we can help with?
At the Clinic we also supply and fit ICB insoles if needed to both adults and children and give advice on foot and footware to speed up patients improvement.
ICB Orthotics South Woodford – feet and spinal health
The lines at the clinic in South Woodford for Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, Massage, Sport Therapy and Orthotic Therapy (insoles) are open on
020 8989 3338